ULink, University School's weekly electronic newsletter, is sent home to parents via email every Tuesday.
- Register Now for Summer Scholars Classes - Take advantage of our Summer Scholars program where students have an opportunity to enrich their summer with learning experiences in Reading, Mathematics, Foreign Language, Writing, and Language Arts within a challenging and supportive environment. Click here for detailed information for all divisions.
- Spring Camp for Grades K-5 - Spring Camp for students in grades K-5 is taking place April 10-14. Campers can enjoy a full week of Spring Camp or can register for the individual days they wish to attend. Each day will be an off-campus field trip to an educational and fun destination. Camp starts at 9:00am and ends at 3:30pm each day. Early morning and afternoon care are available for additional fees. Click here to register today and for trip details.
- Kids Corp Book Drive - Second grade students are requesting the donation of new or gently used books in partnership with the Upper School Kids Corp. club. Collection boxes will be in the Lower School lobby through April 7.
- ERB CTP-4 Testing - Lower School students in grades 1 through 5 will take the ERB CTP-4 beginning on March 21 and continuing through March 29. Testing will begin promptly at 8:45am each morning and will last approximately one hour per day. Students who arrive after testing has started will remain in the Media Center until testing is complete.
- LS Cultural Unity Fair Volunteers - The Cultural Unity Fair will be held on March 31 in the Lower School. Please consider representing your country of origin and sharing your traditions and culture with our Lower School students, families, and staff. For additional information, please contact Ms. Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US Mock Trial Competition - March 31 - The ASPIRE Program is presenting two Learning Lunches featuring Judge Joel Lazarus, who will speak about the opportunity for Upper School students to participate in what is recognized as the most hands-on, intensive learning simulation about the trial process. The Florida High School Mock Trial Competition is an academic competition in which a team of 6-8 students simulate the roles of both attorneys and witnesses in a fictional trial situation. The Learning Lunches are scheduled for March 31. Session 1 is from 11:01am-11:38am (first lunch), Session 2 is from 11:54am-12:31pm (second lunch) in the Upper School Media Center.
- Lower and Middle School Bake Sales! - Individual volunteers as well as donations of baked goods are needed for the Lower and Middle School bake sales. Members of the UFO will be collecting baked goods the morning of both sales or they can be left at the front desks. The Lower School bake sale is on April 4 and the Middle School bake sale is on April 5. Baked goods must be nut-free and individually wrapped. We welcome allergen-free goods such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
- Sixth Grade Florida Keys Trip - The sixth grade trip to the Florida Keys will take place April 26-28. The total cost of the trip is $779.00. Trip details and registration will be available on-line beginning February 28. The initial deposit is $300.00 and final payment is due March 31. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Leveillee at email@example.com
- LS IMACS Math Enrichment Classes - IMACS Math Enrichment classes are offered for students in grades 1-5 once per week in the Lower School (after school). For scheduling information, please call IMACS directly at 954-791-2333 or visit their web site at www.imacs.org.
- Elective Registration - Current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students who have re-enrolled are now able to access their Middle School electives interest forms in My Backpack. Click here for a detailed tutorial that explains the elective selection process.
- Camp Nova's Musical Theatre Camp! - This summer, Camp Nova's Musical Theatre Camp will present the G2K (Getting to Know) Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. The camp is designed to provide a fun and exciting theatrical experience for students who will be entering 3rd grade through 9th grade in the fall of 2017. The camp begins on June 12 and ends with two performances of the show on July 14 at 6:00pm and on July 15 at 2:00pm in the Epstein Center for the Arts. The camp runs from 9:00am until 3:30pm each day, guided by our experienced faculty and student mentors in acting, vocals, and choreographed movement. For more information, contact Lara Bezianis at (954) 262-4528 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UFO Presentation February 2017 - Click here to view the February 2017 UFO Presentation "Nurturing a Responsible Digital Mindset."
- Calendar for the 2017-2018 School Year - Click here to view the calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Registration for Camp Nova Summer 2017 is Now Open! - Camp Nova at NSU University School is open to students in Kindergarten to grade 11, and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends, and plenty of good memories. Click here to register now so you can take advantage of early bird discounts! Click here to see all that is being offered this summer!
- Academy of the Arts Registration - Registration for Academy of the Arts, formerly the Art Institute, is open. The session runs January 9 - May 19. Private and group lessons are available for children and adults in the community. Feel free to share this information with friends and family! Click here to visit our website where you will find details on class offerings, instructors, prices, schedules, and to access the registration form. If you have questions, contact Danny Swerdlow at email@example.com
- MS Second Semester Information - Depending upon elective choices, schedules may change for the second semester. Please review second semester schedules on My Backpack and contact Ms. Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org (for students with names that begin with A-K) or Ms. Stuller at email@example.com (for students with last names that begin with L-Z) with any questions.
- Shark Peer Tutoring for Middle School Students - Shark Peer Tutoring is a collaborative program in which Upper School students provide peer tutoring support/mentoring for Middle School students in any subject, except for writing (writing is scheduled through the Writing Fellows program). Please contact your student's Middle School counselor to request a peer tutor anytime throughout the school year or to learn more about the program.
- New! Summer College Application Boot Camp for Class of 2018 - The College Counseling Department will be offering a Summer College Application Boot Camp for the Class of 2018. The 3-day workshop will be offered: June 13-15 from 9:00am-noon, and offered again on August 1-3 from 9:00am-noon in the Upper School. Registration is now open through the NSU University School website under Summer programs (http://uschool.nova.edu/summer/summerscholars.html). For additional information please contact Randi Marcus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annual Fund - The Annual Fund is the cornerstone of all fund-raising programs at NSU University School. Each year, we ask every member of the USchool community to make an Annual Fund gift. Your contribution directly supports educational initiatives that tuition alone cannot cover. As part of the Annual Fund, donors can earmark their gifts to support specific areas of interest. Help us reach our goal of 100% participation! Click here to donate today.
- MS Letters of Recommendation - We often have requests for letters of recommendation for special summer programs or requests for feedback forms for practitioners in the area. The Counseling Department will accommodate these special requests, yet requires all documentation in advance and needs at least ten business days.
- MS Preliminary Academic Plan - Middle School counselors will be offering families the opportunity to discuss preliminary projected academic paths through 12th grade. The counselors invite current sixth and seventh grade students and their parents to schedule meetings any time during the course of the school year by contacting Amy Sirvent at email@example.com
- School and College Counseling Office - Click here for important information from the School and College Counseling Office.
- LS Yearbook - It's not too early to order your yearbook! Consider honoring your student by placing an ad. For information about purchasing the yearbook click here. For information about yearbook ads click here.
- MS Yearbook - Middle School yearbooks are now on sale at yearbookforever.com. Type in "university school-middle" to make your purchase. Also, yearbook ads are on sale for 8th grade students. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Sobol at LS806@nova.edu.
- MS Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year at the Middle School.
- US Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year in the Upper School.
- LS After Care - The policy concerning Lower School after care (also called continuing services) has recently changed. It is now available for an hourly rate of $10 per hour. Click here for more information and to register.
- LS Extra Help - Extra help (formerly known as office hours) is from 3:15-3:45pm. Please contact your child's teacher or check Blackboard for availability and to indicate which subject areas need attention.
- MS After Care - After care is a fee-based after school program that provides students with the opportunity to complete homework in a supervised study session and/or participate in outdoor activities on the playground. After care is available Monday-Friday from 3:20-5:30pm. Please call 262-4444 for more information regarding how to register for this service.
- Artsonia - We're excited to showcase the wonderful art of our NSU University School students all year on Artsonia. Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world with an online art gallery to preserve masterpieces for all time! Click here to view our online gallery.
- Graduation Information for Senior Parents - Plans are underway for the senior class commencement ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 26, at the Don Taft University Center. Please go to My BackPack to complete your child's Graduation Diploma and Gown form to notify us know how you wish to have your child's name appear on his/her diploma and what size gown to order. Once the form has been submitted and approved, it will appear under My Documents on the first screen in My Backpack. Please click here for Graduation information or contact WynneAvellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations,at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4483.
- All field trip forms can be found here.
- Applications for Siblings - It is time for families and friends to submit applications for siblings (who are not already attending NSU University School) for next school year. As a courtesy to our current families, application fees will be waived. Please access applications on our website www.uschool.nova.edu/admissions. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 954-262-4506
- BCCTM Math Team Competition - Every year, our school participates in the BCCTM math team competition. This competition is an exciting opportunity to showcase our students' outstanding math skills! This year's competition takes place on April 1 from 7:30am-noon. All students from our school can participate, even those who are not on the math team. If your child would like to try out to be on one of our 6 teams (6th grade, pre-algebra 6, pre-algebra 7, 8th grade (pre-algebra), Algebra 1, and Geometry), he or she will need to take a placement test. Click here for more detailed information.
- Middle School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Middle and/or Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- Upper School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- UFO Volunteer Slots Available - Sign up to help with spring bakes sales, book fairs, the Make-A-Wish market, or to create baskets for the Main Event. There is something for everyone! Click here to volunteer!
- LS Cycle 3 After School Activities Registration! - We are excited to announce that registration is open for our Cycle 3 After School Activities! Click here to view the NEW and exciting classes being offered! Click here to register and pay on Marketplace. Spaces are limited so be sure to register early. Click here for Cycle 2 ending dates.
- iROC2 Public & Permanent Parent Handout - Please continue to partner with us in promoting the responsible use of technology. Click here for the iROC2 Pubic & Permanent parent tip sheet to help reinforce the message delivered to our students last month by Richard Guerry.
- Sweatpants Policy - As per the Parent/Student handbook, students are no longer permitted to wear sweatpants to school. This policy will be in effect through the remainder of the school year.