ULink, University School's weekly electronic newsletter, is sent home to parents via email every Tuesday.
- Winter Break February 20-24 - As a reminder, there will be no school for students from February 20-24 for Winter Break. School will resume on February 27.
- LS Spring Pictures February 28 - New this year, the Lower School will offer an opportunity for students to take Spring pictures. On February 28, students may wear school-appropriate spring attire and can bring ONE school-appropriate "prop" (i.e. favorite teddy bear, football, etc.) that is small enough to fit into their school backpack for their spring photograph. Only children dressed out of school uniform will have their photograph taken. If you would like to participate, please click here, print the form, and send it with your child on photo day.
- Winter Camp for grades K-5 - Campers can enjoy a full week of Winter Camp or sign up for only the days they want to attend. Each day will be an off-campus field trip to an educational and fun destination. The 2017 Winter Camp runs from February 20-24. Click here to register!
- LS Make-A-Wish Donations Needed - Fourth grade students are preparing for the annual Make-A-Wish Market that will take place during lunchtimes from March 6-9. They are in need of donated items that they can re-sell to Lower School students during the market. These items may include toys, books, costume jewelry, sports memorabilia, games, DVDs etc. They cannot accept water toys, tattoos, used clothing or hats, used stuffed animals, toys that can be used as weapons or food items. There are designated collection boxes in the Lower School lobby. Items will be collected now through March 3. For more information contact Heather West.
- Main Event Tickets and Auction Items - NSU University School's annual Main Event fundraiser is coming up on March 11 at 7:00pm at The Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood Beach. Tickets are on sale now! Click here to purchase yours today! As in past years, we'll kick off the fun with an online auction beginning on February 28. Please consider donating items for our online and live auctions. Check with your hair salons, favorite restaurants, and programs your children participate in for donations! Click here to learn more about how to donate items to one of our exciting auctions. For more information, please contact Wynne Avellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 954-262-4483.
- US Summit on Human Dignity - The 2017 Summit on Human Dignity will take place March 13-17. The theme, Crossing Borders: A Conversation on Immigration, explores the complexities and diverse perspectives of human dignity in the arena of immigration in the United States. Highlights include a presentation of student theater performances, a panel of guest speakers, a variety of advisory and classroom activities, live TED Talks given by student speakers, and a display of artwork pieces.
- Freshman trip to Islands of Adventure - The Class of 2020 is going to Islands of Adventure! The trip is scheduled for March 25. Click here for trip details and registration forms.
- LS Cultural Unity Fair Volunteers - The Cultural Unity Fair will be held on March 31 in the Lower School. Please consider representing your country of origin and sharing your traditions and culture with our Lower School students, families, and staff. For additional information, please contact Ms. Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sixth Grade Florida Keys Trip - The sixth grade trip to the Florida Keys will take place April 26-28. The total cost of the trip is $779.00. Trip details and registration will be available on-line beginning February 28. The initial deposit is $300.00 and final payment is due March 31. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Leveillee at email@example.com
- LS Readathon 2017- It's time for the Lower School Readathon 2017! Click here for details.
- LS IMACS Math Enrichment Classes - IMACS Math Enrichment classes are offered for students in grades 1-5 once per week in the Lower School (after school). For scheduling information, please call IMACS directly at 954-791-2333 or visit their web site at www.imacs.org.
- Elective Registration - Current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students who have re-enrolled are now able to access their Middle School electives interest forms in My Backpack. Click here for a detailed tutorial that explains the elective selection process.
- UFO Presentation February 2017 - Click here to view the February 2017 UFO Presentation "Nurturing a Responsible Digital Mindset."
- Calendar for the 2017-2018 School Year - Click here to view the calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Registration for Camp Nova Summer 2017 is Now Open! - Camp Nova at NSU University School is open to students in Kindergarten to grade 11, and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends, and plenty of good memories. Click here to register now so you can take advantage of early bird discounts! Click here to see all that is being offered this summer!
- Academy of the Arts Registration - Registration for Academy of the Arts, formerly the Art Institute, is open. The session runs January 9 - May 19. Private and group lessons are available for children and adults in the community. Feel free to share this information with friends and family! Click here to visit our website where you will find details on class offerings, instructors, prices, schedules, and to access the registration form. If you have questions, contact Danny Swerdlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Re-Enrollment Contracts Available February 6 in My BackPack - Re-enrollment contracts for returning students will be available on Monday, February 6 in My BackPack. You will need your child's N Number in order to log in. If you do not remember your child's N Number, please contact the Help Desk at 954-262-4527. Re-enrollment contracts are due back no later than Monday, February 20 to secure your child's place for next year. If you have any questions about re-enrollment for the next school year, please call our Admissions Department at 954-262-4506..
- MS Second Semester Information - Depending upon elective choices, schedules may change for the second semester. Please review second semester schedules on My Backpack and contact Ms. Lyn at email@example.com (for students with names that begin with A-K) or Ms. Stuller at firstname.lastname@example.org (for students with last names that begin with L-Z) with any questions.
- Shark Peer Tutoring for Middle School Students - Shark Peer Tutoring is a collaborative program in which Upper School students provide peer tutoring support/mentoring for Middle School students in any subject, except for writing (writing is scheduled through the Writing Fellows program). Please contact your student's Middle School counselor to request a peer tutor anytime throughout the school year or to learn more about the program.
- Revised Sweatpants Policy - NSU University School sweatpants may be worn to school when students return from Thanksgiving break (November 28) until the day students return from Winter break (February 27). Sweatpants must be navy NSU University School sweatpants, with the non-elastic bottoms (not NSU sweatpants), obtainable through the authorized uniform stores, or the sweatpants sold in the Pride Packs or available on-line through the USchool Shark Shop. At no time may a student wear leggings, yoga pants, tight-fitting outerwear, or any sweatpants other than NSU University School or Pride Pack ones.
- Main Event Sponsorship and Underwriting Opportunities - NSU University School is hosting its 26th annual Main Event fundraiser on March 11 at 7:00 pm at The Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood Beach. The theme is "Tropical Chic" and we invite you to celebrate and socialize in support of school-wide initiatives. As in past years, we'll kick off the fun with an online auction beginning on February 28. Click here to learn how to donate items to one of our exciting auctions. Click here to purchase tickets, as well as to review sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorships must be received by January 11 to be acknowledged on the event invitation. For more information, please contact Wynne Avellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 954-262-4483.
- Sign Up to Make Main Event Baskets - Our premier fundraising event, the Main Event Auction & Gala will be held Saturday, March 11 at the beautiful Margaritaville Resort. Funds raised benefit all of our students from grades JK-12. This is a "not to be missed" event, and we need your help! Click here to sign up to volunteer and create one or more auction baskets.
- New! Summer College Application Boot Camp for Class of 2018 - The College Counseling Department will be offering a Summer College Application Boot Camp for the Class of 2018. The 3-day workshop will be offered: June 13-15 from 9:00am-noon, and offered again on August 1-3 from 9:00am-noon in the Upper School. Registration is now open through the NSU University School website under Summer programs (http://uschool.nova.edu/summer/summerscholars.html). For additional information please contact Randi Marcus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annual Fund - The Annual Fund is the cornerstone of all fund-raising programs at NSU University School. Each year, we ask every member of the USchool community to make an Annual Fund gift. Your contribution directly supports educational initiatives that tuition alone cannot cover. As part of the Annual Fund, donors can earmark their gifts to support specific areas of interest. Help us reach our goal of 100% participation! Click here to donate today.
- MS Letters of Recommendation - We often have requests for letters of recommendation for special summer programs or requests for feedback forms for practitioners in the area. The Counseling Department will accommodate these special requests, yet requires all documentation in advance and needs at least ten business days.
- MS Preliminary Academic Plan - Middle School counselors will be offering families the opportunity to discuss preliminary projected academic paths through 12th grade. The counselors invite current sixth and seventh grade students and their parents to schedule meetings any time during the course of the school year by contacting Amy Sirvent at email@example.com
- School and College Counseling Office - Click here for important information from the School and College Counseling Office.
- LS Yearbook - It's not too early to order your yearbook! Consider honoring your student by placing an ad. For information about purchasing the yearbook click here. For information about yearbook ads click here.
- MS Yearbook - Middle School yearbooks are now on sale at yearbookforever.com. Type in "university school-middle" to make your purchase. Also, yearbook ads are on sale for 8th grade students. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Sobol at LS806@nova.edu.
- MS Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year at the Middle School.
- US Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year in the Upper School.
- LS After Care - The policy concerning Lower School after care (also called continuing services) has recently changed. It is now available for an hourly rate of $10 per hour. Click here for more information and to register.
- LS Extra Help - Extra help (formerly known as office hours) is from 3:15-3:45pm. Please contact your child's teacher or check Blackboard for availability and to indicate which subject areas need attention.
- MS After Care - After care is a fee-based after school program that provides students with the opportunity to complete homework in a supervised study session and/or participate in outdoor activities on the playground. After care is available Monday-Friday from 3:20-5:30pm. Please call 262-4444 for more information regarding how to register for this service.
- Artsonia - We're excited to showcase the wonderful art of our NSU University School students all year on Artsonia. Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world with an online art gallery to preserve masterpieces for all time! Click here to view our online gallery.
- Graduation Information for Senior Parents - Plans are underway for the senior class commencement ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 26, at the Don Taft University Center. Please go to My BackPack to complete your child's Graduation Diploma and Gown form to notify us know how you wish to have your child's name appear on his/her diploma and what size gown to order. Once the form has been submitted and approved, it will appear under My Documents on the first screen in My Backpack. Please click here for Graduation information or contact WynneAvellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations,at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4483.
- All field trip forms can be found here.
- SAT Test Prep - Ray Dass SAT Prep is led by the nation's leading expert in test preparation, and has helped thousands of students throughout the country boost their SAT scores. This course is perfect for upcoming sophomores, juniors, and seniors. A basic understanding of Algebra 1 and some Geometry is recommended. Click here to register (the price is $450). Session Dates: January 11-March 16 (Mondays and Wednesdays) * NO class January 16, February 20 and 22. Practice Dates: Saturday 1/28, 2/4, 2/18, and 2/25. Time: 4:00-6:00pm
- Applications for Siblings - It is time for families and friends to submit applications for siblings (who are not already attending NSU University School) for next school year. As a courtesy to our current families, application fees will be waived. Please access applications on our website www.uschool.nova.edu/admissions. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 954-262-4506
- BCCTM Math Team Competition - Every year, our school participates in the BCCTM math team competition. This competition is an exciting opportunity to showcase our students' outstanding math skills! This year's competition takes place on April 1 from 7:30am-noon. All students from our school can participate, even those who are not on the math team. If your child would like to try out to be on one of our 6 teams (6th grade, pre-algebra 6, pre-algebra 7, 8th grade (pre-algebra), Algebra 1, and Geometry), he or she will need to take a placement test. Click here for more detailed information.
- PSAT Scores - PSAT Scores are in! PSAT scores and booklets will be distributed in English classes. Within the explanation booklet there is a section that details the breakdown of scores. Should you have any questions regarding the scores, please contact your child's guidance counselor.
- Middle School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Middle and/or Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- Upper School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- UFO Volunteer Slots Available - Sign up to help with spring bakes sales, book fairs, the Make-A-Wish market, or to create baskets for the Main Event. There is something for everyone! Click here to volunteer!
- LS Cycle 3 After School Activities Registration! - We are excited to announce that registration is open for our Cycle 3 After School Activities! Click here to view the NEW and exciting classes being offered! Click here to register and pay on Marketplace. Spaces are limited so be sure to register early. Click here for Cycle 2 ending dates.