ULink, University School's weekly electronic newsletter, is sent home to parents via email every Tuesday.
- Register Now for Summer Scholars Classes - Take advantage of our Summer Scholars program where students have an opportunity to enrich their summer with learning experiences in Reading, Mathematics, Foreign Language, Writing, and Language Arts within a challenging and supportive environment. Click here for detailed information for all divisions.
- Sixth Grade Florida Keys Trip - The sixth grade trip to the Florida Keys will take place April 26-28. The total cost of the trip is $779.00. Trip details and registration will be available on-line beginning February 28. The initial deposit is $300.00 and final payment is due March 31. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Leveillee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US How to Stay Healthy in College - On April 27 at 7:00pm, the Circle of Friends for the NSU Alvin Sherman Library presents Dr. Carolyn George, author of The Dorm Doctor, the college handbook for health, which helps prospective college students and their parents prepare for the college experience. For more information, please email email@example.com; Reserve your spot by April 21 by clicking on this link: lib.nova.edu/dormdoc.
- LS Family Book Club - The Family Book Club will meet on April 28 at 3:00pm in the Lower School media center. The book for the club is Echo, by Pam Munoz Ryan.
- Save the Date: Afternoon of Art for Grades JK-12 - Please join us on May 6 from 2:00-4:00pm for An Afternoon of Art featuring artwork from students in Junior Kindergarten through grade 12. Student work will be interspersed throughout both floors of the Epstein Center for the Arts. Please join us for refreshments and enjoy a great afternoon as you admire incredible student artwork!
- LS IMACS Math Enrichment Classes - IMACS Math Enrichment classes are offered for students in grades 1-5 once per week in the Lower School (after school). For scheduling information, please call IMACS directly at 954-791-2333 or visit their web site at www.imacs.org.
- Camp Nova's Musical Theatre Camp! - This summer, Camp Nova's Musical Theatre Camp will present the G2K (Getting to Know) Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. The camp is designed to provide a fun and exciting theatrical experience for students who will be entering 3rd grade through 9th grade in the fall of 2017. The camp begins on June 12 and ends with two performances of the show on July 14 at 6:00pm and on July 15 at 2:00pm in the Epstein Center for the Arts. The camp runs from 9:00am until 3:30pm each day, guided by our experienced faculty and student mentors in acting, vocals, and choreographed movement. For more information, contact Lara Bezianis at (954) 262-4528 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US Yearbooks – It's not too late to order your yearbook. Click here to purchase today!
- Important Message Regarding Deliveries - As a reminder, NSU University School will no longer allow services such as Uber Eats, restaurants, florists, and other vendors to deliver directly to students in Feder Circle, the main circle or anywhere else on campus. If as a parent you need to deliver something of importance to your child, please do so through the front desk of each building.
- Senior Gift Campaign - We are proud to present the Senior Gift Campaign, which invites your child(ren), the members of the Class of 2017, to begin building a legacy of alumni engagement and philanthropic giving by making their first gift to NSU University School. All senior students are encouraged to give $20.17 to the Alumni Fund to commemorate their graduation year. Please visit http://bit.ly/2nehwTT for more information and consider talking to your child(ren) about making a gift in support of Alumni Relations. Those who wish to make a gift today can visit www.uschool.nova.edu/annualfundgiving and click Alumni Fund in the drop down menu.
- UFO Presentation February 2017 - Click here to view the February 2017 UFO Presentation "Nurturing a Responsible Digital Mindset."
- Calendar for the 2017-2018 School Year - Click here to view the calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Registration for Camp Nova Summer 2017 is Now Open! - Camp Nova at NSU University School is open to students in Kindergarten to grade 11, and provides campers with a summer full of smiles, laughs, fun with new friends, and plenty of good memories. Click here to register now so you can take advantage of early bird discounts! Click here to see all that is being offered this summer!
- LS Spring Portraits are Here! - If your child took a Spring Portrait back on February 28, please check your child's backpack for their picture book. If you would like to purchase the entire booklet, please visit www.foxmar.com/spring and select the 3rd option on the right that says "pay for a photo book you received at school". If you only have an interest in purchasing a few, select photos, or have questions about the portraits, please contact Fox-Mar Photography directly at 786-718-1800. Any photos you do not plan on purchasing must be returned to your child's teacher.
- Academy of the Arts Registration - Registration for Academy of the Arts, formerly the Art Institute, is open. The session runs January 9 - May 19. Private and group lessons are available for children and adults in the community. Feel free to share this information with friends and family! Click here to visit our website where you will find details on class offerings, instructors, prices, schedules, and to access the registration form. If you have questions, contact Danny Swerdlow at email@example.com
- MS Second Semester Information - Depending upon elective choices, schedules may change for the second semester. Please review second semester schedules on My Backpack and contact Ms. Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org (for students with names that begin with A-K) or Ms. Stuller at email@example.com (for students with last names that begin with L-Z) with any questions.
- Shark Peer Tutoring for Middle School Students - Shark Peer Tutoring is a collaborative program in which Upper School students provide peer tutoring support/mentoring for Middle School students in any subject, except for writing (writing is scheduled through the Writing Fellows program). Please contact your student's Middle School counselor to request a peer tutor anytime throughout the school year or to learn more about the program.
- MS Counselor Meetings for Rising Sixth Grade Families - Middle School counselors are offering our rising 6th grade families the opportunity to meet this spring and summer.. Meetings will run during the months of May, June, and August. Please contact Amy Sirvent at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.
- New! Summer College Application Boot Camp for Class of 2018 - The College Counseling Department will be offering a Summer College Application Boot Camp for the Class of 2018. The 3-day workshop will be offered: June 13-15 from 9:00am-noon, and offered again on August 1-3 from 9:00am-noon in the Upper School. Registration is now open through the NSU University School website under Summer programs (http://uschool.nova.edu/summer/summerscholars.html). For additional information please contact Randi Marcus, email@example.com.
- Annual Fund - The Annual Fund is the cornerstone of all fund-raising programs at NSU University School. Each year, we ask every member of the USchool community to make an Annual Fund gift. Your contribution directly supports educational initiatives that tuition alone cannot cover. As part of the Annual Fund, donors can earmark their gifts to support specific areas of interest. Help us reach our goal of 100% participation! Click here to donate today.
- MS Letters of Recommendation - We often have requests for letters of recommendation for special summer programs or requests for feedback forms for practitioners in the area. The Counseling Department will accommodate these special requests, yet requires all documentation in advance and needs at least ten business days.
- MS Preliminary Academic Plan - Middle School counselors will be offering families the opportunity to discuss preliminary projected academic paths through 12th grade. The counselors invite current sixth and seventh grade students and their parents to schedule meetings any time during the course of the school year by contacting Amy Sirvent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School and College Counseling Office - Click here for important information from the School and College Counseling Office.
- LS Yearbook - It's not too early to order your yearbook! Consider honoring your student by placing an ad. For information about purchasing the yearbook click here. For information about yearbook ads click here.
- MS Yearbook - Middle School yearbooks are now on sale at yearbookforever.com. Type in "university school-middle" to make your purchase. Also, yearbook ads are on sale for 8th grade students. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Sobol at LS806@nova.edu.
- MS Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year at the Middle School.
- US Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year in the Upper School.
- LS After Care - The policy concerning Lower School after care (also called continuing services) has recently changed. It is now available for an hourly rate of $10 per hour. Click here for more information and to register.
- LS Extra Help - Extra help (formerly known as office hours) is from 3:15-3:45pm. Please contact your child's teacher or check Blackboard for availability and to indicate which subject areas need attention.
- MS After Care - After care is a fee-based after school program that provides students with the opportunity to complete homework in a supervised study session and/or participate in outdoor activities on the playground. After care is available Monday-Friday from 3:20-5:30pm. Please call 262-4444 for more information regarding how to register for this service.
- Artsonia - We're excited to showcase the wonderful art of our NSU University School students all year on Artsonia. Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world with an online art gallery to preserve masterpieces for all time! Click here to view our online gallery.
- Graduation Information for Senior Parents - Plans are underway for the senior class commencement ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 26, at the Don Taft University Center. Please go to My BackPack to complete your child's Graduation Diploma and Gown form to notify us know how you wish to have your child's name appear on his/her diploma and what size gown to order. Once the form has been submitted and approved, it will appear under My Documents on the first screen in My Backpack. Please click here for Graduation information or contact WynneAvellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations,at email@example.com or 954-262-4483.
- All field trip forms can be found here.
- Applications for Siblings - It is time for families and friends to submit applications for siblings (who are not already attending NSU University School) for next school year. As a courtesy to our current families, application fees will be waived. Please access applications on our website www.uschool.nova.edu/admissions. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 954-262-4506
- BCCTM Math Team Competition - Every year, our school participates in the BCCTM math team competition. This competition is an exciting opportunity to showcase our students' outstanding math skills! This year's competition takes place on April 1 from 7:30am-noon. All students from our school can participate, even those who are not on the math team. If your child would like to try out to be on one of our 6 teams (6th grade, pre-algebra 6, pre-algebra 7, 8th grade (pre-algebra), Algebra 1, and Geometry), he or she will need to take a placement test. Click here for more detailed information.
- Middle School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Middle and/or Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- Upper School Tours - Current parents are always invited to take a tour of the Upper School. To schedule a tour, please call 954-262-4506.
- UFO Volunteer Slots Available - Sign up to help with spring bakes sales, book fairs, the Make-A-Wish market, or to create baskets for the Main Event. There is something for everyone! Click here to volunteer!
- UFO Volunteer Community - We need "U" to join our UFO volunteer community for the 2017-18 school year. UFO Executive Board and Grade Representative positions are available. Click here to express your areas of interest.
- LS Cycle 3 After School Activities Registration! - We are excited to announce that registration is open for our Cycle 3 After School Activities! Click here to view the NEW and exciting classes being offered! Click here to register and pay on Marketplace. Spaces are limited so be sure to register early. Click here for Cycle 2 ending dates.
- iROC2 Public & Permanent Parent Handout - Please continue to partner with us in promoting the responsible use of technology. Click here for the iROC2 Pubic & Permanent parent tip sheet to help reinforce the message delivered to our students last month by Richard Guerry.
- Sweatpants Policy - As per the Parent/Student handbook, students are no longer permitted to wear sweatpants to school. This policy will be in effect through the remainder of the school year.