ULink, University School's weekly electronic newsletter, is sent home to parents via email every Tuesday.
- UFO Lower School BINGO Night - Save the date and make plans now to join all your friends at the UFO Bingo Night, an annual Lower School tradition featuring plenty of food, fun, prizes, and surprises! Bingo Night this year is one night only - January 24 from 6:00-8:00pm. A link to purchase tickets will be made available in ULink after we return from the holiday break in January. Tickets will sell out!
- LS Parent and Student Move-Up Events: We would like to invite 4th and 5th grade parents to attend the upcoming Fifth Grade Parent Move-Up.The event will take place on January 25 at 6:30pm in the Middle School. Fourth grade families are also invited to attend.
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- Upcoming Senior Lifer Photo - On January 26 (during break) the yearbook staff will take a group photo of all seniors who have been USchool students for 12 or more years (also known as lifers). Students in this photo must wear USchool polos and USchool khaki pants or shorts. Students in sweatpants and sweatshirts will not be allowed to be in the photo.
- No School January 27 and Kids Day Off Trip - There will be no school for students on January 27. Camp Nova is offering a Kids Day Off field trip for students in JK-8 to Off The Wall Trampoline Fun Center. Camp starts at 9:00am and ends at 3:30pm. Early morning and afternoon care are available for additional fees. Click here for detailed information and for the online registration form.
- Class of 2017 Group Yearbook Photo - The Class of 2017 group yearbook photo will be taken on February 2 during break. Students in this photo must wear USchool polos and USchool khaki pants or shorts. Students in sweatpants and sweatshirts will not be allowed to be in the photo.
- Parent Coffees for JK and Grade 2 - Parents of students in second grade and junior kindergarten are invited to Parent Coffees in the Lower School media center. Second grade parents are invited on February 6 and JK parents are invited on February 8. The focus of these coffees, which begin at 8:15am, will be on what to expect when students moves up to the next grade.
- Junior Class Spaghetti Dinner - Save the date for the junior class Spaghetti dinner on February 8! Tickets will be made available soon.
- 10th Annual I Care I Cure... I Run 5K Run/Walk Family Fun Day, Color Run, and Corporate/Student Team Challenge - NSU University School is a proud sponsor of the 10th Annual I Care I Cure...I Run 5K Run/Walk and Family Fun Day which will be on February 12 at 8:00am on our NSU campus. Click here for detailed information, registration, and a link to sponsorship and volunteer opportunities. Feel free to contact Babette Ferre-Kosar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- LS Grandparents and Special Friends Day - Grandparents and special friends of our Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are invited to our annual Grandparents and Special Friends Day. This event will take place in the Lower School on February 17 at 8:45am.
- Main Event Tickets and Auction Items - NSU University School's annual Main Event fundraiser is coming up on March 11 at 7:00pm at The Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood Beach. Tickets are on sale now! Click here to purchase yours today! As in past years, we'll kick off the fun with an online auction beginning on February 28. Please consider donating items for our online and live auctions. Check with your hair salons, favorite restaurants, and programs your children participate in for donations! Click here to learn more about how to donate items to one of our exciting auctions. For more information, please contact Wynne Avellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 954-262-4483.
- Sophomore Trip to Disney World - The Class of 2019 is going to Disney World's Magic Kingdom! The trip is scheduled for March 11. Click here for details and registration forms.
- Freshman trip to Islands of Adventure - The Class of 2020 is going to Islands of Adventure! The trip is scheduled for March 25. Click here for trip details and registration forms.
- LS Readathon 2017- It's time for the Lower School Readathon 2017! Click here for details.
- LS After School Activities (Cycle 2) - Click here to view class information for the LS After School Activities (Cycle 2) Program. Click here to register and pay for classes.
- Calendar for the 2017-2018 School Year - Click here to view the calendar for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Academy of the Arts Registration - Registration for Academy of the Arts, formerly the Art Institute, is open. The session runs January 9 - May 19. Private and group lessons are available for children and adults in the community. Feel free to share this information with friends and family! Click here to visit our website where you will find details on class offerings, instructors, prices, schedules, and to access the registration form. If you have questions, contact Danny Swerdlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MS Second Semester Information - Depending upon elective choices, schedules may change for the second semester. Please review second semester schedules on My Backpack and contact Ms. Lyn at email@example.com (for students with names that begin with A-K) or Ms. Stuller at firstname.lastname@example.org (for students with last names that begin with L-Z) with any questions.
- US Career Connections - Career Connections, a career networking opportunity for 9th and 10th grade students, will take place in the Middle School during first lunch (9th grade lunch) on January 31. Tenth grade students must receive permission from their teachers in order to attend (before January 31). Ninth grade students do not need teacher permission since the event is taking place during their lunch period. Students are responsible for any missed work/notes. Interested students need to sign up by January 24 by clicking here.
- Senior Dedication in the Yearbook - To purchase a senior dedication page or half page in this year's yearbook, go to yearbookforever.com. Once you're there, enter University School-Upper and click on "Buy a Personal Ad." The site is very user-friendly and will help you through the designing and purchasing process. The deadline for purchasing the dedications is January 30!
- Shark Peer Tutoring for Middle School Students - Shark Peer Tutoring is a collaborative program in which Upper School students provide peer tutoring support/mentoring for Middle School students in any subject, except for writing (writing is scheduled through the Writing Fellows program). Please contact your student's Middle School counselor to request a peer tutor anytime throughout the school year or to learn more about the program.
- Support the UFO while you Shop at Amazon - AmazonSmile is a simple way to support NSU University School every time you shop - at no additional cost. On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, please select "University Family Organization" to receive donations from eligible purchases. Then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. Click here for more information.
- LS Curtanna USA, Skills for Life Program - Beginning Cycle 3 of our After School Activities program, we will be partnering with Curtanna USA, Skills for Life program. Lower School students will be introduced to this exciting program through various demonstrations on December 1, 2, or 5. Click here for more information. Please contact Robin Mendelson, email@example.com with any additional questions.
- LS Book Clubs - Mrs. Cantor is ready to start the book clubs for students in grades 3, 4, and 5 as well as the Family Book Club. For additional information, please click here.
- Revised Sweatpants Policy - NSU University School sweatpants may be worn to school when students return from Thanksgiving break (November 28) until the day students return from Winter break (February 27). Sweatpants must be navy NSU University School sweatpants, with the non-elastic bottoms (not NSU sweatpants), obtainable through the authorized uniform stores, or the sweatpants sold in the Pride Packs or available on-line through the USchool Shark Shop. At no time may a student wear leggings, yoga pants, tight-fitting outerwear, or any sweatpants other than NSU University School or Pride Pack ones.
- Main Event Sponsorship and Underwriting Opportunities - NSU University School is hosting its 26th annual Main Event fundraiser on March 11 at 7:00 pm at The Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood Beach. The theme is "Tropical Chic" and we invite you to celebrate and socialize in support of school-wide initiatives. As in past years, we'll kick off the fun with an online auction beginning on February 28. Click here to learn how to donate items to one of our exciting auctions. Click here to purchase tickets, as well as to review sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorships must be received by January 11 to be acknowledged on the event invitation. For more information, please contact Wynne Avellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-262-4483.
- Sign Up to Make Main Event Baskets - Our premier fundraising event, the Main Event Auction & Gala will be held Saturday, March 11 at the beautiful Margaritaville Resort. Funds raised benefit all of our students from grades JK-12. This is a "not to be missed" event, and we need your help! Click here to sign up to volunteer and create one or more auction baskets.
- New! Summer College Application Boot Camp for Class of 2018 - The College Counseling Department will be offering a Summer College Application Boot Camp for the Class of 2018. The 3-day workshop will be offered: June 13-15 from 9:00am-noon, and offered again on August 1-3 from 9:00am-noon in the Upper School. Registration is now open through the NSU University School website under Summer programs (http://uschool.nova.edu/summer/summerscholars.html). For additional information please contact Randi Marcus, email@example.com.
- Annual Fund - The Annual Fund is the cornerstone of all fund-raising programs at NSU University School. Each year, we ask every member of the USchool community to make an Annual Fund gift. Your contribution directly supports educational initiatives that tuition alone cannot cover. As part of the Annual Fund, donors can earmark their gifts to support specific areas of interest. Help us reach our goal of 100% participation! Click here to donate today.
- MS Letters of Recommendation - We often have requests for letters of recommendation for special summer programs or requests for feedback forms for practitioners in the area. The Counseling Department will accommodate these special requests, yet requires all documentation in advance and needs at least ten business days.
- MS Preliminary Academic Plan - Middle School counselors will be offering families the opportunity to discuss preliminary projected academic paths through 12th grade. The counselors invite current sixth and seventh grade students and their parents to schedule meetings any time during the course of the school year by contacting Amy Sirvent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School and College Counseling Office - Click here for important information from the School and College Counseling Office.
- LS Yearbook - It's not too early to order your yearbook! Consider honoring your student by placing an ad. For information about purchasing the yearbook click here. For information about yearbook ads click here.
- MS Yearbook - Middle School yearbooks are now on sale at yearbookforever.com. Type in "university school-middle" to make your purchase. Also, yearbook ads are on sale for 8th grade students. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Sobol at LS806@nova.edu.
- MS Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year at the Middle School.
- US Clubs/Organizations - Click here to get a full list of clubs/organizations offered this year in the Upper School.
- LS After Care - The policy concerning Lower School after care (also called continuing services) has recently changed. It is now available for an hourly rate of $10 per hour. Click here for more information and to register.
- LS Extra Help - Extra help (formerly known as office hours) is from 3:15-3:45pm. Please contact your child's teacher or check Blackboard for availability and to indicate which subject areas need attention.
- MS After Care - After care is a fee-based after school program that provides students with the opportunity to complete homework in a supervised study session and/or participate in outdoor activities on the playground. After care is available Monday-Friday from 3:20-5:30pm. Please call 262-4444 for more information regarding how to register for this service.
- Artsonia - We're excited to showcase the wonderful art of our NSU University School students all year on Artsonia. Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world with an online art gallery to preserve masterpieces for all time! Click here to view our online gallery.
- Graduation Information for Senior Parents - Plans are underway for the senior class commencement ceremony scheduled for Friday, May 26, at the Don Taft University Center. Please go to My BackPack to complete your child's Graduation Diploma and Gown form to notify us know how you wish to have your child's name appear on his/her diploma and what size gown to order. Once the form has been submitted and approved, it will appear under My Documents on the first screen in My Backpack. Please click here for Graduation information or contact WynneAvellanet, Director of Parent and Alumni Relations,at email@example.com or 954-262-4483.
- All field trip forms can be found here.
- SAT Test Prep - Ray Dass SAT Prep is led by the nation's leading expert in test preparation, and has helped thousands of students throughout the country boost their SAT scores. This course is perfect for upcoming sophomores, juniors, and seniors. A basic understanding of Algebra 1 and some Geometry is recommended. Click here to register (the price is $450). Session Dates: January 11-March 16 (Mondays and Wednesdays) * NO class January 16, February 20 and 22. Practice Dates: Saturday 1/28, 2/4, 2/18, and 2/25. Time: 4:00-6:00pm
- Applications for Siblings - It is time for families and friends to submit applications for siblings (who are not already attending NSU University School) for next school year. As a courtesy to our current families, application fees will be waived. Please access applications on our website www.uschool.nova.edu/admissions. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 954-262-4506
- BCCTM Math Team Competition - Every year, our school participates in the BCCTM math team competition. This competition is an exciting opportunity to showcase our students' outstanding math skills! This year's competition takes place on April 1 from 7:30am-noon. All students from our school can participate, even those who are not on the math team. If your child would like to try out to be on one of our 6 teams (6th grade, pre-algebra 6, pre-algebra 7, 8th grade (pre-algebra), Algebra 1, and Geometry), he or she will need to take a placement test. Click here for more detailed information.
- PSAT Scores - PSAT Scores are in! PSAT scores and booklets will be distributed in English classes. Within the explanation booklet there is a section that details the breakdown of scores. Should you have any questions regarding the scores, please contact your child's guidance counselor.