College Planning Resources
Exploring College Options
- http://www.army.mil - United States Army
- http://www.uscg.mil - United States Coast Guard
- http:www.marines.mil - United States Marine Corps
- http:www.navy.mil - United States Navy
- http:www.usafa.af.mil - Air Force Academy
- http:www.aicad.org - Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design
- http://www.hacu.net - Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- http://www.ajcucnet.edu - Jeuit Colleges
- http:www.hbcuconnect.com - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- www.liberalarts.org/members - Liberal Arts Colleges
- www.www.womenscolleges.org - Women’s Colleges
- http://www.collegeboard.org - College Board online
- http://www.petersons.com - Peterson's online
- http://www.collegenet.com/ - Comprehensive Links
- http://www.collegeplan.org - College Search
- http://www.uscollegesearch.org/ - College Search
- http://www.studentsreview.com/ - Student opinion survey, very incomplete but interesting
- http://www.workcolleges.org - Colleges with a work program
- http://www.nacac.com - The National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Exploring Financial Aid
- http://www.fafsa.ed.gov - FAFSA 4caster
- http://www.ed.gov/index.html - FAFSA Express
- http://www.pin.ed.gov - FAFSA Pin Registration
- http://www.finaid.org - Comprehensive Financial Aid info
- http://www.fastweb.com - Financial Aid information
- http://www.ed.gov/ - FAFSA
- http://www.fafsa.ed.gov - Facilitates online filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
It's a fast, free, secure and easy way for families to apply. Students can also print a paper copy of the AFSA to use as a worksheet.
- http://studentaid.ed.gov - Links to an electronic version of The Student Guide, published by the US Department of Education; this guide outlines the federal financial aid programs.
- http://www.students.gov -Connects students with U.S. government services and information, including information on careers, planning an education, and paying for college.
- http://www.finaid.org - Provides comprehensive information concerning financial aid including general overview of student financial aid programs, estimated family contribution calculators, glossary of terms, scholarship scam alerts, financial aid resources for special populations, and electronic links to other helpful sites.
- http://www.collegeboard.org - Clicking on “Paying for College” will access a considerable amount of useful information.
- http://www.firn.edu/doe/brfuture - Provides detailed information about the Florida Department of Education Scholarship Program.
- http://www.salliemae.com - Information on various loan programs
Remember: Be especially leery of websites that charge fees. Legitimate awards and scholarships are free. To check the legitimacy of an offering, calling the National Fraud Information Center (800) 876-7060 may be of help.
- http://www.schoolsoup.com/ - School Soup
- http://www.collegeexpress.com - College/private scholarship search
- http://www.gocollege.com - College/scholarship search
- http://www.finaid.org/ - Wide array of scholarships & grants
- http://www.blackexcel.org - Adm.&FinAid info for black students
- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/ouchalrt.htm - Scholarship scams & how to avoid them
Exploring Loan Opportunities
- http://www.nelliemae.org - Nellie Mae - loan information
- http://www.teri.org - The Educational Resources Institute
- http://www.mefa.org - Mass. Ed. Loan Authority
Other Useful Sites
- http://www.playnaia.org - NAIA Eligibility Center
- http://www.eligibilitycenter.org - NCAA Clearinghouse
- http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/cohome.htm - U. S. News &World Report College Information
- http://www.hillel.org - Jewish Campus Life
- http://www.fairtest.org - Fair Test
- http://www.americorps.gov - Gap Year programs
- http:// www.commonapp.org - Common App. Online
- http://www.educationindex.com - Comp. catalogued ed. Resources
- http://bcn.boulder.co.us/univ_school/hef/ - Hispanic Educational Foundation
- http://www.niep.com - College Tours, The Peterson Visual and Performing Arts Guide, The Stern’s Performing Arts Directory and the Performing Arts Major’s College Guide written by Carole J. Everett
- www.nacac.com/fairs_faqstudents.html - Performing Arts College Fair:
- http://www.collegeboard.com - SAT information/registration and to access the CSS Profile ( another financial aid application required by many private colleges)
- http://actstudent.org - ACT testing information/registration