Junior Kindergarten Enrollment Bundle
2016-17 School Year
Junior kindergarten tuition will include:
- Waived $1,250 matriculation fee (upon enrollment in Junior kindergarten)
- No charge for morning and/or after care
- 1 free after school enrichment class
Si desea una versión en español de nuestros procedimientos de admisión, por favor haga clic en los enlaces siguientes:
Thank you for your interest in NSU University School! NSU University School welcomes inquiries throughout the year. The Admissions Committee evaluates applicants on the basis of the student's school records, teacher recommendations, interviews, and admissions tests. NSU University School also carefully evaluates a student's talents, skills, interests, motivation, and character to identify those applicants who would be successful within our unique learning environment. Beginning in January, the Admissions Committee will consider candidates on a rolling basis until all vacancies are filled.
- Apply Online - There will be a $100 non-refundable fee due with the application.
- Required Documents
- Download the required forms and submit them to your child’s current teacher. Once completed, your child’s teacher should send the forms directly to our admissions office.
- Middle and Upper School applicants must also complete the Applicant Questionnaire and parents must complete the Parent Questionnaire.
- International applicants must provide two copies of the transcript: an original transcript and a transcript that is translated and evaluated by a NACES accredited agency to English. Locations for translations services can be found at www.naces.org. Students must also provide us with a copy of their passport.
- BRIDGES Program applicants must also submit one or more of the following: Psychological testing documentation, language testing and/or full scale IQ documentation, written recommendations from a psychologist, previous school records and recommendations, and participate in a school visit, child evaluation, and parent interview
- Testing & Interview
- Lower School Applicants – One of our admissions coordinators will contact you to schedule an appointment for your child's admissions test and interview/visit. Children applying to Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten participate in an Early Childhood Developmental Assessment. Children applying to grades 1-5 take standardized tests in reading, math, and writing.
- Middle and Upper School Applicants – Click here and follow the steps to register for one of our SSAT Flex or SSAT Standard Tests. Flex tests are administered on our campus, exclusively for NSU University School applicants. Students taking an SSAT Flex Test will also interview on the day of their test. Standard tests are administered on our campus and are open to any student choosing to test on a Saturday. The NSU University School code is 7857.
- International Applicants – International students must demonstrate English literacy skills at the intermediate level on a standardized test of English proficiency including the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE) or SSAT. A Skype interview will be arranged after test results are received from the test company. In addition, applicants must meet the same academic and character standards required of all NSU University School students.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
NSU University School admits students of any race, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying disability, religion or creed, or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.